Despite all the little issues that we have had around the house this school year my kids managed to rein in some kick butt good grades this second semester. I’m so stinking proud of them.
Here is the breakdown:
Lauren (Lauren’s first report card was 1 A, 2 B’s and a bunch of C’s & D’s with a GPA of like 2.4)
Geometry C (Math is her hardest subject but this is from an F)
With a GPA of 3.167!!!
Austin (Austin’s first report card was 1 A, 2 B’s, & 3 C’s unsure of GPA…he brought all but 1 of his grades up)
Social Studies B
Comp Science B (this one did drop but with the others we don’t care…lol)
Lang Arts A (he brought this up from a C!)
Rachel got straight A’s even with her math struggles and having to have her pulled out again!
Matt doesn’t get a normal report card because he doesn’t necessarily do academics (he does life skills) but he got S’s (satisfactory) on all his marks for art, p.e., deportment (what does this mean??), cooperates willingly, considerate of others, obeys school rules, works well with others, and practices self control.
The teacher gave me these remarks in regards to the FACES program that he uses for his life skills
Matt has shown improvement in oral conversation.
- He will ask when he wants something (water, puzzle, etc)
- He will sit down with a book and talk about the pictures.
- He will ask me to sit by him if he wants me to read to him or work on a puzzle with him (Matty doesn’t actually puts puzzle together the “normal” way. The teacher gives him the piece and shows him where it goes and then he attempts to put it there, often telling the teacher she is wrong…lol.)
- He will sometimes respond to other staff member.
- He will sit and play a game or ball with his classmates
- He wants to take part in lessons (repeating answers, sounds, etc.)
- He takes part in cleaning up after cooking, crafts, free time
- He will follow two step directions i.e. clean up your lunch and then put the balls away (The teacher told me that she gave Matt this direction not expecting him to do it. After he cleaned up his lunch she told him again to put the balls up. He got very offended and told her that he already had. She looked over to the ball corner and Yep! he had done it!)
All the kids get to do something extra for showing such improvement. Rachel just wanted a art drawing kit and the older two want to go paintballing. Matt never cares.
There is about 4 weeks left in the third school semester. It ends right before Christmas break. I’m excited to see just how well they do this next time around.