So Kia from Good Enough Mama tapped me with what she is scarily happily calling penis bling. (I wonder if that word will makes my hits skyrocket!). This has to be one of the funniest posts I have read all week. So if you can enjoy body part humor head on over to her site and read I Won A Phallic Symbol! Oh, and My Holy Grail Bag Arrived!.
The real name of this award is “This Blog Measures Up Award.” See no penis talk anywhere in there. Kia just has penis envy. Here are the rules:
This award is for any blog that truly ‘measures up’.
1. Say one nice thing to a man in your life.
Since yesterday was my hubby’s 36th birthday I had lots of opportunities to say nice things…here are just a few examples in no particular order….
“Look honey I baked you a cake.”
“It’s your birthday so whatever you want.”
“Sure you can quit your job and go back to the one that screwed you over since it didn’t screw with you near as much as this job is.” (okay this was more a thought but you know)
“We have presents for ya hun.”
“Guess what…there is hot water for your shower.”
“Are you hungry? I’ll heat you up some leftovers.”
And this one was huge…”Even though it is 30 degrees out and 10pm I’ll let the dogs out so you can go ahead and get warm cozy in bed.”
2. List at least six ways that you measure success in your life (or for your blog).
Dude this is like a trick question. I guess how I’d answer this one would be with questions I ask myself. If I can answer them positively then I know that I’m being successful to myself, my family and my faith.
- Can I look myself in the mirror at night?
- Do I feel like I made the right decisions for my kids? Not for me or someone else…my kids.
- Did I make special time for my hubby and kids this week?
- Did I try my best at each task I did?
- If I messed up, did I learn from it so I won’t do it again?
- Was I kind to others in my dealings throughout the day?
3. Assign this award to six other blogs and leave them a comment telling the blogger that you’ve assigned them this award.
- Beartwinsmom at The Beartwinsmom’s Den ~ because this woman is struggling with depression and doesn’t feel like she measures up but she so truly does. She is just an amazing kind woman who is raising twin auties. If I could move her closer to me I would in a heartbeat.
- lastcrazyhorn at Odd One Out ~ because this young woman is continously being told that she can’t have her dream which is just fu messed up
- Siggsi at Fragile X Pedition ~ because this guy took a motorcycle ride from the tippy top of North America to the very bottom of South America to raise money and awareness for fragile x syndrome in the honor of his gorgeous niece Sian!
- Kristi at Living Life In Texas ~ because she has a mom like I do and man do I know what that can do to a self-esteem
- Umma at Basically FX ~ because anyone who questions every little step that is taken with their fx child deserves to know that they measure up
- Vicki at Holly Daze ~ because her baby looks almost identical to Rachel when she was that little and peanut cute but more importantly because she gets pictures of that little cherub on her blog at least once every other day! I’m lucky to get a picture posted on my cafemom, myspace or shutterfly once a month!!
This in no way means that my readers don’t measure up because all of you do. Each and every one of you are special to me in a different way. Shoot last night I was even dreaming about going to a Christmas party with the other lion, Kristie and Paula and our fragile x sons were fussing over who got to spin the wheels on a big toy car first :lol: BTW we all decided that they each get a wheel.